- Nivel: B2-C1
- Requisitos: B1.3
- Tipo: Cuatrimestral
- Horas: 60 horas / 4 horas por semana
- Créditos: 2 ECTS
- Certificación: IELTS COURSE
- Coordinador: Richard Griffiths, Amy Wallace email@example.com
IELTS is a 60‐hr course with 15 hours of complementary work to be done outside class, in which the 5 main language skills are consolidated and practised:
- Oral expression (speaking)
- Oral interaction (conversation)
- Listening comprehension
- Reading comprehension
IELTS is a ‘points‐based’ exam with each score corresponding to a level on the CEFR. It is widely accepted by companies and institutions.
The exam has 4 parts: Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking.
Full details of the exam can be found at www.ielts.org
This course is aimed at people thinking of taking the IELTS exam in the March 2018 window (or later). To that end, students are prepared not only in the linguistic elements required to pass the exam but also in ‘exam technique’. Students will be prepared for all papers of the exam and have the opportunity to practise the speaking part of the exam. Advice will also be given on how to manage your time in all papers. Familiarity with the question‐types used is essential and therefore practice of these is an integral part of the course.
- Preparing the speaking exam
- Giving opinions
- Comparing and contrasting
- Asking for + justifying opinions
- Agreeing / Disagreeing
- Reaching a conclusion
- Giving reasons
- Describing places / facilities
- Everyday social contexts
- Current affairs
- The environment
- The workplace
- Summarizing and explaining data (tables, charts and graphs)
- Describing the stages of a process
- Describing an event
- Describing how something works
- Semi formal and formal letters
- Writing an essay in response to a point of view
- Writing an essay in response to a problem
Final mark = 60% continuous evaluation* + 40% final exam (compulsory).
*60% Continuous Evaluation (50% assessed tasks / homework + 10% participation).
The teacher will give details of the book, materials and class blog on the first day of class.
We will help with the necessary information so that each student can take the exam on the most convenient date and at the most convenient venue.